Edmund P. “Ted” Williams, IV, MD
Personal Description & Philosophy of Treatment:
Psychiatrist, Dr. Ted Williams, founder of Genesis Behavioral Center in 2002, began his medical career in Family Medicine – not Psychiatry – which may be one reason why he and his clinic maintain a perspective of mental health treatment in the context of ‘family,’ and of you as a ‘whole person’ (one’s overall mental, physical, and spiritual health). Dr. Williams’ goal is to provide a clinic where patients find cutting edge, compassionate, and comprehensive ‘whole-person’ psychiatric treatment in a warm, professional setting.” In addition, he believes that a person’s growth in faith and relationship with God can be an important part of their healing, especially because many of life’s struggles don’t have easy answers. His approach to treatment is warm, non-judgmental, and professional, and he will talk about faith as much or as little as you like.
- Board Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Board Certified in General Psychiatry
- Board Eligible in Family Practice
- B.A. in Biology, University of Texas at Austin
- Medical Degree, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
- Family Practice Residency, Memorial Medical Center, Corpus Christi, TX
- Psychiatric Residency, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Special Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation treatment of depression
- Anxiety and Mood Disorders
- Diagnosis and Medication Management of Complex Cases
- Disorders of Children and Adolescents
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
What Dr. Williams’ Colleagues Say About Him:
Dr. Williams’ colleagues describe him as “calm, reassuring, and very knowledgeable.” “He is up-to-date with the newest treatments and collaborates with leaders in psychiatry around the United States.” They also describe him as “genuinely concerned about patients, and willing to spend time educating them and helping them understand the things they need to know to get well.” They also appreciate his ability to include discussion of Christian spirituality in a balanced, nonjudgmental way.
Tamara has worked in the medical field for 17 years and she really cares about her patients. She is certified with Neuronetics to perform TMS treatments and she is grateful to be able to help patients during their journey to a healthier and happier life. It brings her great joy to see patients improve and to help in their recovery.
I received my Bachelor’s in Science, majoring in Biology and minoring in Psychology. I am currently working on my Masters of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. I am Neuronetic’s certified to conduct treatments. My role as the TMS coordinator is to do all necessary paper work to receive insurance coverage, scheduling, and conducting daily treatments. The most rewarding part of my job is seeing the patients transform through the process. It is an amazing feeling to see patients’ lives completely change before your eyes.